Friday, December 6, 2013

30 Days of Deity Devotion: Santa's Elves



This is the part of the 30 days where I am directed to talk about other deities or entities connected to the one I have been writing about. For me, that means elves (and possibly magical reindeer?).

I found a really great page with elf information. It reads like it was written for children, but that just makes it really sweet. That page is where I found that great picture.

Read it here!

And here's what Wikipedia says...

"In American folklore, a Christmas elf is a diminutive creature (elf) that lives with Santa Claus in the North Pole and acts as his helper. Christmas elves are often depicted as green or red clad with pointy ears and pointy hats. Santa's elves are often said to make the toys in Santa's workshop and take care of his reindeer, among other tasks.They were first introduced by Louisa May Alcott in 1856. The association of Christmas presents with elves has precedents in the first half of the 19th century with the Tomte in Scandinavia."

Do you believe in elves?

Thanks for dropping by! Hope we can connect again.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments as much as Santa loves cookies! :)

Thanks for coming to visit. Tell me how and I'll come visit you next.

Have a great day!

~Jeanine