Monday, December 2, 2013

30 Days of Deity Devotion: How I First Became Aware of Santa as a Patron




It started with a dream...

THE DREAM

I was walking along a country lane, it seemed, with 2 guys, who were companions, I suppose. I think we were headed to the same place but we weren't really talking as we walked.

Until I started to see things...

First, I saw a horse! What I now believe was a faerie horse. Mostly his head and neck, surrounded by a fluffy white cloud. "Did you see that?," I asked. And then I began to see more horses, appearing at different places in the sky, and by then, I believed myself.

I knew it was all really happening.

But I am not sure the guys were seeing what I saw. I don't think they ever answered me, come to think of it.

And then Santa came whizzing right by us, lower, at our level. "Did you see that?" and "wow!" But I can't remember being sure they saw it. Maybe they didn't?

Then I saw other Santas & sleighs, and some of them were skinnier, with long dark hair. Others I couldn't see, though I did see their sleighs. They were in the sky and in the clouds, and each of them went by very fast or appeared, and then, disappeared.

That's how the dream ended.

THOUGHTS

I realized that this dream reminds me of the Christian "Road to Damascus" experience. Was it meant to be an initiation, or calling, of sorts? Over time, I came to know that it was.

When I analyze dreams, one question I always ask myself is what I wish had happened differently. The only things I would have changed in the dream, if I could, are...

(1) Have the horse tell me its message, if there was one.

(2) Have a conversation with one of the Santas. Ask him to be a permanent guide. (I have since done exactly that)

Santa as faerie, who rides a white horse...

What sparked your interest in believing in Santa again?

Thanks for dropping by! Hope we can connect again.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments as much as Santa loves cookies! :)

Thanks for coming to visit. Tell me how and I'll come visit you next.

Have a great day!

~Jeanine